There’s a lot to consider when choosing your bridesmaid dresses and as a bride who has been there done that I GET IT. So here are 7 tips to take the stress out of choosing your bridesmaid dress and let you get to the fun and excitement of picking out dresses for your big day!
1. Take your wedding gown style into consideration. Even though you will be the one to stand out, it still looks great when your look coordinates with your girls. If you have a lot of details on your dress, rather keep your bridesmaid dresses more simple. The same with necklines – make sure that they aren’t exactly the same.
2. Consider skin tones and body type. You want your bridesmaids to look and feel beautiful on the day too, so choose a color that works well with their skin tones and body shapes. You may even want to throw hair color into the mix when deciding on a color.
3. Keep the season in mind. Before you decide on a look, take the season that you will be getting married into consideration. It’s fine to choose long dresses in summer or short-sleeve dresses in fall but just make sure that your ladies are comfortable.
4. Start shopping early. You never know how long it will take you to find the perfect bridesmaid dresses so don’t start shopping too late. Plus, you may need to order your dresses and delivery could take a while so keep this in mind.
5. Price matters. If you will not be buying your bridesmaid dresses, it’s really important to keep price in mind. Your bridesmaids are investing quite a bit of time and money in your big day so make sure that the dresses you choose are actually affordable.
6. Get their opinions. Your bridesmaids will really appreciate having a say in their dresses so ask them if they had any ideas about what they would like to wear. You should, of course, still have the final say but it’s great to include them in the process too.
7. Speaking of roping your bridesmaids in. If you want to reduce some of your wedding planning responsibilities and stress, get your maid of honor to research dresses and prices for you.